Thursday, August 18, 2016

Abby 1; Principal 0

Rewind back to Tuesday morning drop off.....

I walk Abby into the foyer of her school building and say my goodbyes. She starts crying, and screaming and throws herself on the ground. The teacher tells me she had a hard time transitioning from the foyer to the room yesterday but once she did she was fine. So she asks me if I'd like to walk Abby down to the classroom.

I ask Abby this and she says a hard pout pout faced, "Yes." So I tell her she needs to get up and stop crying if mommy walks her down to the room. So she does. Then I tell her she has to carry her own backpack (school rule) to the room. She tosses it back at me. I then tell her if she wants me to walk her to her room she has to carry her backpack. If she doesn't carry the backpack mommy is going to go home. She tosses the backpack to the ground again with her pout pout face and I say my goodbyes....

She is screaming and throws herself to the floor. The teachers try to calm her but it is past the dismissal time and they have to get the rest of the class (who is staring at Abby) to their room. So the principal steps in and says she has it.

By this time I am outside watching everything unfold through the windows....

The principal tickles Abby belly and arms for 5 minutes until she has calmed down. Then Abby sits in her lap and they are talking about something. Then I see Abby stand up and face her principal. The principal hands the backpack to Abby and Abby tosses it right back with a pout pout face. This happens at least three times. I am only seeing half of this as I bob back and forth trying to hide from Abby and I eventually see the principal walking with Abby's backpack in her hand. Abby is a good 5 feet behind her walking with her pout pout face to class.

I don't know what was said and if there was a choice or compromise made but all that I know is that the little booger didn't have to carry her bag in.

Abby- 1, Principal- 0

Wednesday at drop off we do the drop off line. Her favorite para, Ms. Jacqueline, comes and gets her from the car. Abby listens to her and complys until she has to put the backpack on. I remind her that she is going to the library today and that she needs to get in so she can go and I remind her about doing something fun on mommy/Abby day Friday if she complies with her teachers. The pout pout face returns and I see Abby dragging the backpack in feet behind Jacqueline....

Today- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!

We pull up to the drop off line and Abby is all smiles. A teacher she doesn't know unbuckles her and takes her out of the car. Abby gives me a kiss, kissing hand and hug before letting the teacher take her out of the car and then guess what? She looks at me, smiles and then puts the backpack on. Then she turns to walk in and the teacher asks if she wants to hold her hand. Abby just stares at her and starts walking..... but hey, she had her backpack!

MY little booger!

No comments:

Post a Comment