Monday, September 8, 2014

Sunflower Field

Within 24 hours of being the first picture of this place on Facebook I had to go see the Sunflower fields out by Lawrence... how could I not after seeing everyone else's amazing pictures posted to facebook?!

So after preschool we loaded up in the mini, got McDonald's Drive Thru and drove 40 minutes to Grainter Farms to see sunflowers as far as your eyes could see. It was surreal.

I grab my camera, unload the girls and we are on a mission to explore and take some fun and awesome pictures. And then I realize that my camera isn't taking pictures because I once again (did it just yesterday) forgot to put the memory card in the camera. And unfortunately a camera is no good without a memory card. So determined not to let this spoil this amazingly breathtakingly beautiful sight we set out to explore with my cell phone camera. Hey- it's better then nothing, right???

And here are some images we managed to capture with my phone.I can't imagine what they would have looked like with my good camera :(















And then here are some taken by my friends on facebook that I am stealing from them but giving them credit- Stephanie Hall and Betsy McKnight thanks for showing the true beauty of this place with a good camera :)













You were allowed to pick a sunflower per person as long as you donated some money so we brought one home. Isn't it just huge and gorgeous?!?!




What a fun place. Family pictures there next year?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment