Monday, May 16, 2011

Theu's Wedding Weekend

One of my best friends from KU, Katie Theurer, got married this past weekend to Steve Stone. Kid free (thanks to our parents- Friday night at my parents and Saturday night at Rob's parents), Rob and I had a fantastic weekend celebrating with them! Katie had asked me to be a personal attendant and to spend the day with her. So with encouraging words, Martha Stewart vision and my camera in hand, I joined in the weekend festivities!

Friday night was a Rehearsal Fiesta at Dos Hombres. It was fantastically fun- We both had seconds of awesome food and we danced to a live kareoke band. The next morning my calves were sore.....

Saturday I went to the Bridal luncheon at noon, picked up Rob from home at 2 and then rejoined the bridal party at 3 at the reception site, The Vox Theatre. We helped set up the decorations, specifically I did the table numbers and writing on the mirror and Rob took over folding the napkins (later that night mom gave him a two thumbs up on his job!) and hanging white lights on the patio.

That night the wedding was beautiful. Katie was a gorgeous glowing bride. She was quite stunning and reminded me of a bride out of the magazine Vintage Bride. Steve was grinning ear to ear the entire night and it was so good to see two of my friends so in love. The 80's band, the Sellout, was AWESOME and we couldn't stop laughing at their outfits (see below). I even got to chat the entire weekend with some of my favorite past students- Katie's cousins. Rob and I danced the night away, chowed down on Oklahoma Joe's, ate a piece or two of cake and snapped lots of pictures in the photo booth.

Oh I just love happy weddings!

Much Love,
Jenny

Enjoy some of my favorites of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL bride! I gasped out loud at the 2nd & 4th pics of just Katie.
    Love the decor. Love her dress. Love the black dresses. Love the bride. Love the groom.
    What a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete