Monday, May 16, 2011

Poopy Hurts

This last month I have been having hurt poopies. They hurt so bad that I get my serious face on and do a hip thrust forward to try and keep them in. They have been so hard and big that I scream in pain; sometimes for hours.

I have had to have 3 liquid suppositories (which provided immediate relief) and mommy has started giving me Miralax in my bottles (recommended by friends and pediatrician). She has also started giving me a lot less milk in my baba's and this sometimes upsets me because I LOVE my baba's. I have even started to say "mil" for milk in hopes that she gives me more.

The Miralax helps a lot but as soon as mommy stops giving me some they get hard again. People have told mommy that I can't grow dependent on the Miralax so it looks like I am going to have it in my morning bottle every morning for a while. It doesn't taste like anything so I don't mind taking it as long as it makes me feel better.

Mommy has also tried to get me to eat a prune a day (in addition to the tons of fruit and veges I eat everyday) and yesterday I actually ate two. She is always pushing me to drink water and juice, but I prefer milk so I don't drink much water or juice. And since I no longer get 3 whole sippy cups a day of milk, mommy is noticing that I am eating more food. Hopefully all this will help me feel much better because I never want to have hurt poopies again.....

Love,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Dear Anna: We witnessed the pain Sunday morning, and it was painful for all of us to see you suffer so! Be sure to do all the things your mommy & daddy recommend to keep this from happening again. Prunes are good! Grammy & Poppy love you soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete