Tuesday, February 1, 2011

38 weeks

Feeling EXTREMELY uncomfortable and ready to deliver this baby. Ashley is putting pressure on my lower belly and back and the pain is at times excrutiating. Most of the day I am laying down watching Anna play and I feel so bad for her that mommy is so boring.

I have started to experience more frequent contractions- especially those in my lower back. They are frequent enough that I thought I was beginning labor yesterday and called my doctors practice and they told me to come to the hospital to labor and delivery!!! Apparently false contractions happen more with each pregnancy compared to the first (I never really had contractions of any type with Anna.) We went to labor and delivery and was greeted by the same nurse who delivered Anna and she took us to the same room where we delivered Anna. It felt really nice to see the nurse we loved so much- Anna even got to meet her- she was super helpful and monitored the baby and I for about an hour. She agreed that I was having some REAL contractions but they were too far apart to be considered labor. Plus I wasn't dilated enough. FALSE ALARM!

So, here we are, back at home waiting to get this baby out of me. At least the false alarm last night resulted in Chick-Fil-a for dinner... totally worth it! :)

Anna has had a cold for the past several days (really back cough) and guess who woke up today feeling like she's coming down with something.... yes.... me. Hopefully I don't get it near as bad as Anna- she still sounds horrible when she coughs.

Well, off to go blow my nose and then to bed at 8:15.... I'm exhausted!

Much Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! man, chick-fil-a sounds delicious, might have to hit up there for lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete