Friday, February 18, 2011

1 week old

The first week has been great! Ashley is a great sleeper, eater, cuddle monkey, pooper and pee-er. Anything else you can ask of a newborn baby??? Really, if the first week of life predicted anything about how she will eat and sleep during infancy we would be 2 lucky parents!! But like any honeymoon must end, we are preparing ourselves for what she may have in store for us!

Oh..... and we have a thumb sucker! She is already strong enough to break out of her swaddle when wanting those fingers!!!


And how is mommy feeling? Well I am so grateful and happy to not be pregnant anymore! I love the fact that I can sleep on my belly and roll on the floor with Anna. I can not wait until all this postpardum stuff that no one talks about is over. Seriously- if you haven't had a baby and don't know much about the "4th trimester" and your body or if you had a baby and need a friendly reminder... PLEASE CALL ME! Oh the things no one talks about :) But on a serious note, I am recooperating well! Besides a slight tingling feeling and numbness in my right hand (I believe it's carpel tunnel- 20% of post pregnant people get it) I really couldn't be much better.... oh and losing weight and getting some more sleep would always help!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment