Thursday, August 13, 2015

Week 1- WHOLE 30

Here is my food/feeling journal of the first week of WHOLE 30. Shocked at how much GHEE (clarified butter) and fats we cook with. There is literally a layer of fat when you open a leftover container. Food is tasting great; just need a break from eggs and need to do a better job of planning the menu so we don't have 2 days of the same meat in a row!

So far, it's going well.

Day One- (starting at top left and going clockwise)- fruit medley (dessert), salmon, sweet potato chips, spinach and mushrooms (dinner), tomato, prosciutto, artichoke, basil and basalmic and olive oil salad (dinner), avocado egg boats, orange juice, mango and raspberries (breakfast), grapes, macadamia nuts and cashews, yellow pepper and proscuitto wrapped grilled chicken strips (lunch) and a snack of almond butter and apple. Yum.

Feeling good. No cravings. Felt full and satisfied most of the day. Got a little lightheaded and fuzzy mid day :)


Day 2- Tons of energy. Feeling great. Was thirsty, very thirsty. I think I am consuming a lot of salt.

Breakfast- steak and fried egg and fruit, Lunch- we were at the zoo so I packed nuts, banana, apple, fruit strip and dried fruit, Snack- almond butter and celery, Dinner- Sweet Potato bun hamburger, asian slaw in coconut animos, sweet potato chips and a side of guac


Day 3- I have 4 new pimples- I don't get pimples. Must be all the fat I"m consuming..... gotta lay off the nuts.....

Breakfast- fried egg, guacamole, bacon and fruit, Lunch- chicken apple sausage, guac and veggies, Snack- nuts, grapes and fruit, Dinner- bacon wrapped avocado stuffed jalapenos, bacon wrapped almond butter dates, tomato/basil/basalmic salad, pulled pork from Costco on a potato and sauteed broccoli and mushrooms.



Day 4- Feeling great. I survived Ashley baking and eating her half birthday cake and watching my friends drink beer, eat amazing BBQ and fried pickles. And then I watched my friends eat Foo's Fabulous Custard.... not so fabulous for me :)

Breakfast- sweet potato with sauteed apples and raisins in cinnamon, Lunch- chicken mexican soup with avocado, Snack- almond butter and apple, fruit all day, Dinner- went out to eat at friends- built my own salad of spinach, red grapes, sunflower seeds, carrots, hamburger patty and avocado (actually really good).


Day 5- Felt hungover all day; like I was living in a fog all day. Now I have 5 zits..... Probably my worst day. Shoulders were really sore.

Breakfast- mixed eggs and fruit, Lunch- pulled pork from Costco spinach salad with marinated mushrooms, artichokes, pineapple and peaches, Snack- Larabar (not too bad), Dinner- hamburger lettuce wrap topped with tomato, red onion and bacon wrapped avocado stuffed jalapeno with a side of avocado/tomato/basil/artichoke salad.


Day 6-

Breakfast- banana (I felt so sick) Snack- blueberries, handful of nuts, Lunch- (At rob's work)- pork carnitas over a baked potato with avocado, Dinner- meat sauce over spaghetti squash (surprisingly good!).





Day 7-

Breakfast- banana (felt horrible still) Snack- fruit snacks, meat plate and mango, Lunch- Leftovers, Dinner- chicken caccitoirre


No comments:

Post a Comment