Thursday, August 13, 2015

Potty Training

This is what I blame for my tardiness in life the last month or so....


Yes folks. My most dreaded job as a parent. EVER.

Potty training.

You are constantly on your toes awaiting the next pee stain or poop smear. It is no fun.

See I would have been okay waiting until the last possible moment when we would have force trained her before preschool next summer. But this little one had a different idea....

Rewind back to sometime in mid July at Anna's swim team end of the season party. We are sitting around and listening to the coach list of awards. Abby looks at me, says pee pee and I see pee running down her leg. I say stop. She stops. I say never mind just pee and she pees. I say stop. And she stops. At that moment I see she can control her pee so I run her to the potty. And she pees on the big potty. And she pees a LOT. Folks, we had a pretty happy and excited little girl. Peeing just like big sissies.

And from that night, she has decided it is her time to keep peeing on the potty. We hit it pretty hard those first 3 days with filling her body with liquid and then after those first 3-4 days she figured it out on her own. Sure we had accidents on the carpet, in the car seat, poop in the pants.... you name it, it happened. But the little girl wanted to keep rolling with underwear. So we did. Even when I went out of town to Chicago and Rob's mom was watching her, she continued to want to potty train.

We are about a month into it and while she isn't completely trained, she is pretty darn close. She now tells me right before she has to pee and poop and has been pretty good with that within the last 3-4 days. It took her a while to tell me before she'd go, she usually told me RIGHT when she was starting or something during :) She had a hard time with pooping (mostly because she is partly constipated all the time and it's hard to get out) but lately she has been rocking that department. And she is so funny to watch on the potty. She will look at you and commentate what is going on. "Pee??? Yup. Poop??? Nooooo! Pee? (shakes head yes) Poop? (shakes head no) Peeeeeee!" And my favorite thing she does is push her belly in to get her to go. It's pretty darn cute. Oh and the training potty's are gone. She preferred using the ones we all do by week 2. Which is nice because there is no clean up :)

So we will see. She is definitely the one potty training, not me. I barely ask her if she has to go unless we are getting ready to run an errand or if we are at someone else's house. To me she isn't going to learn if I am constantly asking her. I just plan on calling the carpet cleaners as soon as I can :)

Abby has done awesome. Awesome. I would say by far my easiest to potty train; probably because I cared the least about her doing it. She pretty much did it. We are not at all accident free but we do go several days in a row with no accidents. But with all things; when it rains, it pours :)

Here are some pictures from those first few days of potty training!





LOVES her big girl panties!!! First ones!!!




Not even going to try to remember or rewrite this that I wrote about a month ago... her first 4 days :) Makes me laugh when I compare my "notes" on her experience compared to Anna and Ashley. I think I even documented the clothes Anna/Ashley had on each day. Poor 3rd child.. :)

Day One

Random pee and poop in potty after nap
in pool looks at me and says pee? and then i feel warm on my hand minutes later...
Swim Party Success- pee, held, pee, held and then ran into bathroom where she peed on big girl potty. lots!


Day Two

handful of accidents in am
while playing in sprinkler she came up to me and said "pee" sure enough she did minutes later in potty
dry during nap, woke up yelling "mommy pee pee" and peed in potty
introduced to panties in afternoon- FELL IN LOVE with them
had a slight accident with Daddy at night in basement



Day Three

Told me during swim lessons- pee and did on big potty
stayed dry on a 45 minute roundtrip drive
poop accident on tile
huge pee after shower
crying at night yelling mommy! mommy! pee pee!!! went in and she said poop. i told her wait and undid diaper to see she was beginning to. I told her stop. She did. Put her on potty and had a huge poop in potty success!!!!

Day Four

Errands around town. Had a minor accident in car seat
Had a big accident on tile in foyer. Was completely dry since.
Walks to me, says pee pee. Runs to potty, pulls down panties and goes.
Pooped in playroom in panties while sitting down.


No comments:

Post a Comment