Friday, March 21, 2014

Weekend in Texas

Last weekend the girls and I hit the road with Grama, Aunt Anne and Kate and headed to Texas to visit the Fimmen cousins. And we had a blast!!!!!

The cousins all slept in the same bedroom all three nights (with Chatterbox Tom) and rotated beds/sleeping spaces on the floor every night. Anna LOVED sleeping in the top/bottom bunk and Ashley the floor. During the day we played in their huge backyard, on the trampoline, on the swings, in the tree house, feed the neighbors horses and even rode around in the back of Uncle Tom's truck. It was pretty cool!!! We also played Go fish, pictionary (which was a blast!), and read tons of the cousins books inside. We just loved being at their house!!!

On our first day we went on an old fashion train ride to the Fort Worth stockyards for the St. Patricks Day parade. We never saw the parade because it started pouring rain on us!!!!! But don't worry, we did hit up the first of 2 candy shops of the weekend! They after surviving our train ride home, it was stuck on the track for over an hour, we arrived back to our car to see the most amazing rainbow ever; and it was an ENTIRE rainbow!!!!!! And there was also a double rainbow. It was our first rainbow to ever see :)

On our second day we went into the town where Babe's chicken is (I forget the name) and ate at a burger joint and hit up the second candy store. Then we went home and Anna had a much needed nap. Ashley resisted her nap and continued to be a beast for mommy and anyone who told her what to do and what not to do. Gotta love the 3 year olds :)

Can't wait to visit again. We had such a fun fun time!!!

I will post pictures as I get them from Anne, mom and Carolyn. I did not take a single picture since I had no nap Ashley keeping me on my toes and testing my patience pretty much the entire trip! Good thing these 3 went crazy with the picture taking for me :)

Much Love,
Jenny




1 comment:

  1. Roanoke is the city you were in :) And I LOVE that cute candy store!!!

    ReplyDelete