Sunday, March 2, 2014

53 months old

Happy ALMOST 4 1/2 Anna Banana!




*The highlight of this past month would be centered around emotion. There must be something about 4 1/2 because Anna has been uncharacteristically sensitive, whiny and uncontrollably emotional. She will break down in tears at the slightest fear of letting us down. She will also break down in tears if I just tell Ashley I am proud of Ashley and not mention the same to Anna. She will break down in tears sobbing and saying, "I just love my family so much" and other sweet things like that. And if these breakdowns happen after dinnertime, it's a huge power struggle with mommy. This month has been spent on both mommy and Anna working on those power struggles.

*I have also noticed Anna coming more out of her shell when she is around her friends. This makes me super happy to see the Anna I see at home, the Anna I see with her friends. She just LOVES her friends!!!

*For the first time I saw Anna stick up for herself. A boy was chasing her at McDonald's playland and she did not like it. After about 5 minutes of it, she stops while he is chasing her and says loudly and confidently while looking right at him, "Stop chasing me. I don't like it. Please don't do it anymore." I couldn't have been more proud of little Anna. We have been working on this skill since the beginning of preschool (there is a boy who sometimes kicks/hits Anna) and was SO proud of her.

I love you so much! You are my best Anna :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment