Saturday, August 31, 2013

Plantar Fasciitis

Lucky me.... I get to sleep in this....



I know you are jealous....

Yup, I have a severe case of plantar fasciitis in my heel and it hurts. Hurts very bad actually. Apparently plantar fasciitis is caused by straining the ligament that supports your arch. Repeated strain can cause tiny tears in the ligament. These can lead to pain and swelling. And I have both pain and swelling.

I am kind of amazed that I have it because it is mostly due to:

  • Your feet rolling inward too much when you walk
  • You having high arches or flat feet.
  • You walk, stand, or run for long periods of time, especially on hard surfaces.
  • You are overweight.
  • You wear shoes that don't fit well or are worn out.
  • You have tight Achilles tendons or calf muscles.
And I have none of those issues. Go figure... the mystery cause!

The doctor prescribed me some anti inflammatory pills, physical therapy exercises and a night cast to wear 8 hours a day. If it does not feel better in 8 weeks I am to go back for a cortisone shot. We will see; so far in the past week it's not feeling much better.

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment