Monday, August 12, 2013

Grandma Stilley

Last Tuesday Rob's grandma passed away. She had lived a full life and died at the age of 89. Her visitation, funeral and burial was last night. It was as beautiful as a funeral could be. I was so very touched by everyone who filled the church and by the touching words in the preachers "scrabble eulogy."

I had visited Grandma Stilley numerous times with Rob when she was in assisted living. Rob had a great fondness for his grandma and he loved her very, very much. I remember what a big deal it was for him to introduce me to her since I was the only girlfriend she had ever met. I will always remember Grandma Stilley as the woman who loved that I was a teacher, loved that I made her Rob happy and thought that Rob had "bought me on ebay."

Thank you Grandma Stilley for giving us Jim who gave me Rob.

You will be missed and forever be loved.




Her obituary can be found here

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=dorothy-l-stilley-blue&pid=166326315&fhid=21287#fbLoggedOut

Much Love,
Jenny

PS Hopefully Amy and Mary don't mind me pulling these pictures from their facebook site- I just thought they were too good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment