Monday, August 5, 2013

Hearth Room Picture

Inspiration


I love EVERYTHING about the room above. Everything! I want that coffee table too!

I had contacted the artist who made the art work and she wanted $650 plus $150 shipping for both pictures... that's $800 folks.... that's college savings! Is she serious... she just used an awesome stencil?!?!

So instead I headed to Michaels back at Christmas time (I have been wanting to make these for a long time) and got two frames at 90% off for a total of around $40, Rob brought home the projector many times to try and get this done (since I couldn't find the type of stencil that gave me the above font that I love) and finally VIOLA!

My Creation




Not too shabby, huh?!?!

Much Love,
Jenny

PS I am going to use sand paper on the letters again to make them more worn looking.

PSS Be careful when removing large pieces of glass from big frames. I got a horrible cut in between my thumb and pointer finger but luckily it's healing all right so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment