Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wicheeta!

Party of 4 has successfully landed in Wichita.

With the help of our dear parents we were able to move into the apartment with no problems at all. We were also able to get our house ready for the market in less then 2 weeks time. Lots of painting and cleaning was done by all- I think everyone had a sore back by the weekend. Thanks mom, dad and Mary! But all in all, the house sparkled! Our real estate agent was very impressed (she doubted that we would be ready for the weekend when she stopped by our house the Thursday before but we showed her!) She said that houses like ours in the area usually go well so fingers crossed!!!!! We have an open house for other realtors today. Think positive feedback for us!!!! I will post some pictures of 6529 soon!

On to apartment living.... thank god it's only 4 months! Our upstairs neighbors like to stomp around the house at ALL hours- morning, afternoon and night. I wonder if they sleep at all or if it's to get back at us for having Peanut and a baby. The blinds have to be drawn at all times (except for Anna's room) because Peanut likes to climb on the bed/couch and bark at EVERYTHING including the wind. We have started playing the IPOD all the time to zone out some of the noises- it has worked so far but are seeking other solutions :) We have started a compost pile (not really- just a pile of bags) with Peanut's poop in it outside our door- pleasant I know. I just hope no one lights a flame to it! But besides those things it is nice to have my own bathroom and to not have to clean that much. The kitchen is also good size and we have made the white box pretty cozy. Anna seems not to mind the change at all!

So far we have liked to town. Rob's commute to work is no longer then 15 minutes and we are close to EVERYTHING. We see more cowboy boots and tucked in concert t-shirts here then in Kansas City but I don't seem to mind it all that much. I keep feeling as though I am in a larger Manhattan, Kansas. No offense my K-State friends but as a KU girl who has always thought it would be fun to live in a smaller farm town, I think this is as close as I'll get!

Well off to the DMV to take car of my expired MO license plates and to get back my KS plate!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment