Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 1: Wichita

So, I am sure you guys are all dying to hear about our first week in Wichita. SO DYING that I won't keep you waiting any longer......

Saturday
Moved into the apartment. Thanks mom and dad. Everything went smooth. First trip of soon to be MANY to Dillons Super Market. Found out we have noisy upstairs neighbors.

Sunday
Dad cooked us some mean bacon and eggs. Said bye to my parents. Cried. Party of 3 (Peanut wasn't allowed) went to Great Plain Nature Center to walk around their outdoor trials. Took up literally 3 minutes to get there. Liked it a lot. Made Pot stickers and Sesame Beef or dinner. We had been craving some serious homemade meals with all the moving!

Monday
Rob's first day of work. My first Monday in a long time home with the little girl. Both our days went great. Anna and I went to Wal-mart. Clean the apartment, went to the office of the complex, paid bills. Kept the blinds closed in the apartment because Peanut can't handle all the apartment coming and goings. Ate a whole jumbo size package of Rainsonets. After work Party of 3 went on a walk to the Nature Center. Another successful homemade dinner. Peanut might prove himself to be the loudest tenant EVER in our apartment complex- take that you 3rd floor neighbors!

Tuesday
Spent 3 hours of our afternoon at the Kansas Inspection and Registration for tags for my car. My MO tags had been expired since Feb (OOPS!) so I HAD to go. I think Anna was the ONLY one having a good time. Why I always leave those places feeling dirty, I have no idea. Got new plates but still have to get my Driver's License (save that for another boring afternoon). Was exhausted, ate a Sonic grilled cheese (always hits the spot) and played the rest of the day in the apartment. Chilled with Daddy at night.

Wednesday
Filed a maintenance request- Rob had fried the dryer outlet Saturday night. Ran errands to two different Targets and the Wichita East Mall. Bought some clothes for myself. Lost my cell phone in the parking lot. Found it a couple hours later. Ate a whole bag of Buffalo Chips. Can't resist the temptation.
Thursday
Got my first phone number of another mom in Target. Some girl from South Africa introduced herself to me and asked my opinion on swimsuits for her baby girl. I asked questions about Wichita. We hit it off. She told me she would take me to the zoo sometime. She gave me her number. Very friendly like the rest of the people here. Play Date #1. Met some nice ladies around the area and Anna hit it off with an 11 month old named Ilana. Ilana and her mommy are from England. What is it about the international mommies and me? I do not know..... . Here is a picture of us getting ready for PlayDate #1
Ran around town looking for a WHOLE FOODS. found it, but came to find out that it was an independently owned one... I knew it looked sketchy. Dryer got fixed. Ate almost a whole bag of white fudge covered pretzels. I got a food processor. Made blueberries and mango for Anna. YUMMMMM!

Friday
Did lots of laundry and lots of playing. Found out the lighting in our apartment is HORRIBLE for pictures. We have no ceiling lights and only one lamp per room with sucky low light energy efficient lightbulbs. So we will probably start taking out weekly pictures on the porch. The windiest day yet in Wichita. Man does it get windy here. Found out Peanut can't handle windows being open (shocking). Homemade pizza night :) Played Monopoly Deal with Rob- watch out Dad. you are NEVER going to beat us!

Saturday
Anna woke up at 5:30 AM. Checked out the local MYGYM. Was disappointed. Did not join. Joined the Wichita YMCA's and HOLY COW they blow any KC workout facility I have been in out of the water. Anna is going to take swimming lessons and once she is walking gymnastics and swimming. Rob was really excited but bummed about leaving his rock climbing shoes and water goggle at home in KC. Looks like we will have to dig through some boxes. Went to Riverfest. Ran into an old high school friend, Megan Meyer. I had, not kidding, an hour before running into her found out on FACE BOOK that she lives here. Not even 5 minutes into the fest and by the funnel cakes stand, we run into her. She is exactly the same and wants us to move in next door to her. Saw a couple of kids in a 5 point harness leash....... Ate a Reuben and had to leave early because of a poopy diaper. Next time going to bring the diaper bag INTO the festival. Got home, had a 1 1/2 hr nap. Feeling good. Peanut is getting better witht he apartment coming and goings but still has plenty of room for improvement.

Wonder what Week 2 will have in store?

Much Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Great update, Jenny!! Loved reading about your week. Kind of different from the week before, huh? I think Anna looks happier than ever; happy to have her mommy at her beck & call all the time! The photo of her chillin' with Rob on the couch and the one of her with you are both precious! Good luck getting Peanut to calm down.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete