Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sleep "Training"

So I bit the bullet and decided that it was time my little girl started sleeping like she did when she was 4 months old. And I decided to do this on the night of Mother's Day as a little reward to myself. Hey- if I can get in 8 straight hours of sleep I am in :)

Sunday
Asleep at 8. Woke at 12:15. CRIED for food. Rocked her 15 min. Feed her for 2 minutes (barely anything). Rocked her for 5 min. Let her cry in crib for 20 min while I sat on couch.... hardest 20 minutes yet! Rocked her for 5 min. Let  her cry 10 more min in crib. Asleep after an hour.
Woke at 4:15. Fed her LOTS. Slept until 9 am.

Monday
Asleep at 8. Woke at 12:30. Made noise but fell asleep along. Woke at 4:15. Her belly was GROWLING so I fed her lots! Woke at 7 am.

Tuesday
Asleep at 8. Woke at 3:45. Rocked her for 10 min. Fed her a VERY little amount. Cried in crib for not even 10 min. Woke at 7 am.

Wednesday
Asleep at 7:45. WOKE AT 6:15!!! Way to go BIG GIRL!!!!! 10 1/2 hours STRAIGHT!!

Now onto her little 20 minute cat naps!!! Going to do a VERY similar "training."

Oh the "art" of parenthood!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment