Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy 8 months old

Well we are a couple days late on this one... it happens :)

Happy 8 months old to me!!!



Here is a recap of some of the things I have been up to this month!

* I have my two front bottom teeth. I am always putting stuff in my mouth so maybe the next ones are coming!!!
* I have been sleeping much better. Sleeping anywhere from 9-11 hours with only one or NO wakings! This makes mommy REALLY happy! Except for the fact that I am an early riser.....
* I have been taking my naps in my swing because mommy is trying to get me to nap longer then 20 minutes at a time. It has worked and I am taking two naps over and hour and sometimes a shorter third one. She says we are going to start napping in the crib very soon- BOOOOO!
* I like doing "arms up" and "so big" but I do not do it on command. I pick and choose when I will respond (I'm a baby people, not a puppet!)
* I am a side sleeper at night. Mommy will lay me down on my side and I will immediately roll to my right side.
* I love twirling and playing with my own hair (or what I have of hair)
* I have started giving people random hugs when I want to show that I love them.
* I drank water from a big girl cup (with mommy's help of course) and I sucked up some water through a straw!!!! I also tried strawberry lemonade and OMG!!!
* When I am on my back and mommy lets me hold onto her thumbs I can pull myself up to a sitting position without any more help then her thumbs. Sometimes I can even pull myself up to stand.... not very often but sometimes :)
* My favorite thing to do with my toys is to have two toys (one in each hand) and bang them together. I get SO excited when this happens! I don't like it however when a toy that I like gets taken away and BOY do I let you know!
* I am becoming good at directions. When mommy says "pat pat pat" I pat toys and when mommy says "give the toy to mommy" I place it in her hands and then get SO excited!!! I also love to give daddy "Fives"
* I do EVERYTHING but crawl. I roll around, turn around in circles on my belly and back, and scoot on my bottom to get every toy. I am not sure if I am into all the work that goes into this crawling gig :) Mommy tried to make me try and I just roll back onto my back!!!
* I tried many new foods: prunes (love them), blueberries, mango, squash, tofu (love it) and strawberries.
* I have a nickname for Peanut... it's "brabrabra" for brother. I sometimes do a "papapapa"
* When I am concentrating on something I stick my tongue out (just like daddy!!)
* I LOVE roughhousing! I love being thrown in the air, tossed around in your arms and bounced up and down on mommy and daddy's bed. I giggle SO HARD!
* My favorite toys this month were the full length mirror, playhouse and blocks. My two favorite places to go are the nearby park for the swing and the grocery store- I LOVE watching all the people and there is SO much to look at!

Love,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. This just reminded me that i haven't done coop's 9 month post..oops! btw, coop also LOVES taking 2 toys and banging them together :)

    ReplyDelete