Saturday, February 20, 2016

Pre Belize Vaccinations

About a month ago (yes it has taken me that long to recover from the horrendous experience) we went to the Johnson County Health Department to get our typhiod shot for our upcoming trip to Belize.

Well, on top of the fact that they didn't take our insurance and they talked to me like I was 12, the trip was an utter disaster. My girls were so worked up to get this shot. I am talking SO worked up. Pacing while eating chips in the lobby constantly focused on if it was going to hurt, how long would it hurt, why they have to get it, how sad they are going to be when the other sisters get it and how they don't want to watch themselves or their sisters get it, I had a feeling it would be bad.

But folks, bad doesn't even begin to explain it.

Once called back to our room, I couldn't even talk to the nurse. From the moment we stepped into the room, Abby is shreiking and trying to escape the room; Anna is in sheer madness (literal sheer madness) and is hollering worse then Abby and yelling "I don't want to go to Belize" all while trying to escape from the room; and Ashley standing still in a corner with the biggest pout pout face has tears cascading down her cheeks. And they hadn't even seen the shot.

So needless to say I was pretty worked up to.

I don't know how we managed, but with the help of 4 nurses all 3 girls got the shot.  Each girls response, "That wasn't too bad."

And then they spent the next 3 days nursing their arms like they had broken it.

Then after taking time to inform them that bandaids don't make you feel better, they just stop the blood, they let me take the bandaid off. And once the band aid was off they said, much better. And miraculously they were cured.

Oh my.

The typhiod shot last 2 years... we better be going somewhere else next year to make this experience worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment