Saturday, February 20, 2016

Dentist

This past week I took all three to see the dentist. Fearful that I would have another Belize vaccination experience unravel or that this trip would be just as bad as our last trip to the dentist (which was bad but not Belize vaccination bad) I bribed my children.

Yes, BRIBED.

I told then they would get a special surprise if they trusted and listened to what the dentist and dental hygnist asked them to do. Well, apparently I have been missing out on the greatest most single effective took as a parent.. BRIBERY!!!!

These girls were rockstars!!!

Ashley, who refused to open her jaw last time we went, not only let them take xrays of her mouth but she volunteered to go first! Then Anna and get this, Abby went. When it was Abby's turn to get xrays she turned to me and said, "Mommy's lap." So I went in with her and she was a champ!

Then we went to a different room for the cleaning. This time Anna went first. After she cleared up her concerns about the tool that sucks the water out of her mouth and came up with a different plan to use disposable cups to rinse and spit instead, she was great! Ashley followed suit. Then when it was Abby's turn I asked her if she wanted to sit on mommy lap and she looked at me and said, "No me big girl. Me sit."

It was amazing.

The when the actual dentist came in all girls cooperated. We only had tears once when Ashley found out that she had a small cavitiy but but even those were minimal and understandable.

The girls left with smiles, got their dentist loot bag and ice cream (I still don't understand why they get ice cream but whatever) and we headed to Target. We get to Target and I tell them they can pick out any toy they want. Anna looks at me and says, "Any toy? Serious??? It's not even our birthday!!!!!!" And then she takes off towards the toy she's been day dreaming about ever since watching Descendents 2 days prior.

So, now I just have to somehow fund a way through Ashley getting her first filling on March 1... Any hints?!?!


X-Ray Sticker!!!!



Teeth Cleaning!




Wjhat big stuff....

Abby picked out her first Barbie at Target- the Dentist Barbie..... "Just like me Mommy."

Anna and Ashley both picked out a Descendents Barbie doll.

Best $50 I ever spent....


No comments:

Post a Comment