Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy 40 months old!

Happy 40 months old Anna!



I have stopped doing descriptions of what Ann has been up to each month, but thought I would write some stuff down so I remember when the other kids are around her age!

*She is still sleeping great! When she doesn't nap (which is around 2 days a week) she goes to bed at 7 and wakes around 6:30. When she naps she goes to bed around 8 and wakes around 6:30.

*Her napping is pretty inconsistent. She went Thanksgiving through New Years Eve with no nap but still did her quiet time. I thank my lucky stars I stuck to that because the month of January was a pretty good napping month. You can count on her taking one every other day and on days that we are busy in the morning. She does not nap at Mother's Day Out or at all on that Wednesday that she goes to school; instead we do wind down time with a movie and popcorn party. When she naps on other days it can be anywhere from 1 hour and a half to 3 hours. She usually naps a little over 2 hours. She is so funny because she calls both night and nap time "naps" so she gets confused when I tell her she didn't take a nap and has to go to bed early!

*Over the last couple of months Anna will wake up in the middle of the night (sometimes never but on a rare occasion up to 4 times) calling for me or yelling out loud something from her current dream. She yells stuff like, "No Ashley, Snow White is YOUR favorite; my favorite is Belle," or "Ashley don't take my Strawberry Shortcake Doll," or "I don't want to get my haircut (this stopped after she finally got it cut and saw it was no big deal." It doesn't take me long to settle her down but one the nights that is happens again an hour later makes for a pretty long night!

*To combat her calling for me in the middle of the night the last week or so I have been telling her that she can only call me in the middle of the night if she has to go potty. This has significantly cut the number of times she calls me down BUT now she doesn't call me when she wakes up in the morning or from nap. So yesterday morning at 5:50 I woke up to a headlamp (she had found hers on her floor) shining in my face with a little girl holding 6 books asking me to go downstairs with her and read her books. Instead she got in my bed and learned all about not getting me until 6:30 am. We will see what happens in the mornings to come. And after naps she always checks my bedroom first to see if I am napping (if so she wakes me) and if not then she comes down stairs where she usually startles me!

*Her appetite is increasing lately which is so nice. She is eating more and more and pretty much eats most of what I cook for Daddy and me. She still loves her fruits and vegetables.

*Her love for books is amazing, as for her love for art, music and learning. She is constantly asking me to teach her things to do with reading and writing (which excited me being a teacher!). She knows the words by heart to 2 of her favorite books, Belle and Snow White. I have to get it on video it's priceless!

*She is always asking questions; especially about books and movies.

*Her speech is improving. We are noticing a difference in her day to day talk with is WONDERFUL! She still does her homework daily, and gets excited to go see her speech teacher, Miss Lisa. She can imitate words excellent, we are mostly now working on using them in her speech so that it comes naturally. She'll get there' she's such a hard worker with a great attitude! She has re-started stuttering a little bit and hopefully it won't last that long.

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment