Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy 11 months old to me!

In just 1 month I will be ONE! I can't wait. Mommy says that I am having a big birthday party with lots of friends and family.... I am SO excited!



What I have been up to this month- what a CRAZY month (says mommy)!

* At the beginning of the month I was completely weaned off breast milk and start 4 bottles of 6 ounce of formula a day: morning, after am nap, after pm nap and before bed. Just the other day we went down to 3 8 ounce bottles in the morning, before my pm nap and right before bed. I LOVE my baba's! I always point to where they are in the kitchen and get really excited to drink them!
* I am pointing at everything. I just started pointing at food to tell mommy what I want more of to eat. I inconsistently use the sign "more" for more food.
* I started the month walking while holding onto one hand, took my first steps and now I am walking really well on my own.  I still fall here and there but I can pretty consistently walk across the room. Soon I'll be running :)
* I pucker up to I Love You, Goodbye and GoodNight. I love kissing everyone, peanut and all my baby animals. I even blow strangers kisses when mommy says good bye.
*I love playing with my cell phone (I mimic mommy and daddy talking) and my hammer. I hammer EVERYTHING including Peanut's head!
*When someone says "hands on head" I do it. I also LOVE the song, "head, shoulders, knees and toes" (I touch my head and then toes) and "If your happy and you know it" (I clap my hands at the beginning)
*I am beginning to bite the back of my hand when I get frustrated.
*I shake my head "Yes" and "No." When I am by an electrical outlet, Peanuts food, the DVD player or sitting in my high chair and throwing food off the plate, I look at mommy and shake my head no. This doesn't necessarily stop me from doing what I want to do, even though I know how to shake my head "no."
*I love when mommy puts chap stick on me. When I see her putting it on, I get to her fast and open my lips for my turn!
*I stand up and down without any help from anything.
*I am beginning to hum to myself while playing.
*When I see peanut, a dog or a picture of a dog I cough. I can't quite bark yet- I have said "arf" once- but I know they make noise and I'm trying SO hard!
*I like to put my butt in the air and my head on the ground in hopes that mommy helps me do a somersault. I love being tossed around and especially flipped upside down!
*Mommy and daddy have gotten better at using a toothbrush with me. I REALLY like brushing my teeth.
*I have become a VERY independent eater.... no baby food for me this month. I like things that I can feed myself- tofu, hummus (I let mommy or daddy feed me it because it's just TOO good), mandarin oranges, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, bananas, nutrigrain bars (brilliant Cooper!), Cheerios and bread are my current favorites. I don't really care for meat or vegetables. I tried hot dogs and GROSS! I did like Italian sausage though :)

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment