Monday, June 7, 2010

4 under 2 1/2

WOW! All I have to say is WOW!

I am going to hold you ALL responsible if I EVER contemplate having 4 kids under the age of 3...... so if I ever consider it- knock me upside the head.... DO IT!

WOW!

Last Wednesday morning (at 5:45 am... yes the baby girl gets up at 5:15 am and that is a whole other issue!) Anna and I headed up to KC to help my mom watch my niece Kate (2 1/2), nephew Tom (2 1/2) and niece Meghan (11 months). My mom watches Kate regularly on a daily basis and she was watching Meghan and Tom for 3 days and 2 nights while my brother and sister in law went out to CA for a wedding.

WOW! Have I said that enough??? WOW!

I can't begin to explain the chaos... the madness... the holy cow what is going on feeling we had from the moment they were all awake to Tom and Kate's nap time at noon and starting back up around 3. And these kids ARE GOOD KIDS!!!!

After cleaning up breakfast and lunch after dinnertime, to washing cars with Tom and Kate, to walking and playing in the backyard I was the most exhausted I had ever been. LITERALLY! I had more energy back in my college days of all-nighters spent studying or partying. I needed a naptime!!!!

I will say we had it down pack by the last day and looking back we really enjoyed those three days together. What memories my mom and I will always have of the kids :) I will say that I am mighty jealous of little Meghan's nap length- she was giving up 1 1/2-3 hour naps TWICE A DAY IN HER PACK AND PLAY! I mean I'm lucky to get in an hour TOTAL for Anna in her crib (yes I admit she is in her swing right now... bad parenting YES but I too have got to take a nap and get things in order here at the A.P.T!)

Here is the ONLY picture we got those three days... to think I thought I would be taking cute group pics... hahaha! And out of respect for my mother I cropped her out :)



Much Love of being an aunt and mommy,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment