Sunday, April 9, 2017

Spring Break- Destin Day 1

We got to Grama and Papa's place mid afternoon. We were so excited to be with them and at the beach! Since we didn't have any bags to unpack, Papa gave us a ride instead :)


We checked out their place and their view (gorgeous!)


And then headed down to walk and hang out on the ocean. It felt great to be back at the beach again!



In the past trips to the ocean Abby has been very hesitant about walking into the water. This trip was different. Anna was ankle deep in the water and Abby decided to go out and join her. Being that she has NEVER even attempted to go towards the water on her own, I let her go and followed closely behind. The waves were pretty rough but I wasn't too worried about them being in the water to their ankles. Well, I was wrong. Right when Abby got to her ankles and strong wave and current knocked and pulled her under the water, causing her to do a back somersault and land on her face. Luckily I was within steps of her and grabbed her. I don't want to think about what could have happened if i wasn't close behind. When I picked her up I asked if she was okay and she told me, "Good thing Coach Heather work me hard." She didn't even cry. I asked her if she was okay and she told me she never wanted to stand on her head in the ocean again. I asked her what she did when her face went under water and she said she breathed out her nose, just like Coach Heather taught her. I then asked if she would get back in the water sometime again and she told me, "Yes. But not today." So with this freezing little girl in my arms I changed her out of her wet and sand filled clothes and into one of her sisters sweatshirts. Then we headed in.


What a brave and strong kid.


On the way back to Grama and Papa's place we stopped by the pool and HAD to get in. Anna and Abby were satisfied with wading in the pool up to their knees until they were simply too cold. But bathing suit or not, it didn't stop Ashley. Neither did the fact that the water was freezing. This little fish would have swam in her clothes longer if I let her but made her get out after 15 minutes.




The girls warmed their bodies up in a warm bath.


And then we all snuggled in for some late afternoon/early evening couch cuddles, naps and TV. A great way to end a long day os being up since 3:45 AM!




What a great first day with Googah and Papa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment