Sunday, April 5, 2015

Anna's first Parent Teacher Conference

I am so happy. And if you don't want to read about a mom bragging about her child then stop here. This blog is for family documentation purposes and I don't want to forget her first conference :)

So today we went to Anna's preschool conference with her teachers.

Here is her report card:




Her teachers said that at this age they normally see a kid who is higher in social or higher in academic, and it is more rare to excel in both like Anna is currently doing. They could have stopped here and I would have been the happiest parent ever. I am so glad she is learning to be balanced socially and academically at a young age; I believe it is THE most important part of preschool/Kindergarten and was what I wanted most for my Anna. I am so proud of her.

They said she is such a happy kid. Loves playing with friends in dramatic play. And she always includes others; mostly girls. And she LOVES her group of girl friends :) And they said she does amazing job with her peers.

They said she is extremely patient and reflective. They say she waits for others to share and she listens before putting in her sense (she definitely gets this from her daddy). I was also happy to hear this because this isn't always the case at home.

As for her work:

She has grown in her drawing. They showed me her self portrait in the fall and one she recently made.  I wish I would have taken pictures of it to show the progress... don't worry I will post when I get them. They were awesome!

She has also grown in ability to write her own name. They said they were so happy to see a child at the beginning of the year know how to write her first and last name (even though it wasn't expected) and they said her transition to using lower case letters has been superb! She can write Anna Stilley correctly with upper case and lower case letters.

The did a recent Eric Carle art activity. They showed me her creation and they said she produced very high level work for her age. They could clearly see what she was making and meaning. Of course she drew Elsa playing ball in the ocean! I needed to take a picture of that one too :) It was beautiful.

Both teachers said that half or full day kindergarten would be a perfect fit for Anna. They said that they are more then 100% confident that she is ready for the transition that lies ahead.

Once again, I couldn't be more proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment