Friday, March 1, 2013

Mommy's Vacation!

Two weekends ago, I headed to Chicago to see my cousin Colleen. It had been too long since we had last seen each other so a visit was needed. I was a bit of a crazy bird to go to Chicago in the middle of February but it was for the company, not the city. I even told Colleen I'd be happy just laying on her couch and ordering take out and netflix the entire weekend. Don't worry, we did do that a lot but we also got out!

We ate at some fabulous finds around her neighborhood of Boys Town and even got my two Chicago staples of Grand Luxe Cafe and Lou Malnati's pizza. Colleen took me to her favorite mani/pedi place and we had a nice girls afternoon getting our feet and hands done. It was quite relaxing! They even wrapped my foot winter pedi style in a ziploc bag- made me feel like I was slipping on butter the entire walk home but it worked- the pedi still looks great! We spent one evening out on the town at a great Italian dinner followed by the Broadway musical of Book of Mormon; it was pretty fantastic. The first two days were right around 30 degrees so we really didn't get out about town unless we had to, like for eating. But on my last day it was mid 40's and gorgeous so we hit the streets, window shopped, visited the bean and just took in some Spring like air. 

It was a great weekend for mommy to get away trip; even though I am now suffering from all that sick stuff which I semi blame on the flight.

Thanks Colleenie! Let's do it again sooner then later!

Much Love,
Jenny




 Try and find us..... we are in there :)





No comments:

Post a Comment