Thursday, January 26, 2017

Fractured foot

Apparently the pain I have been experiencing in my left foot for almost 2 years now is not normal....

Apparently it's my body telling me a bone in my foot (cuboid) is fractured.


The doctor who looked at my x-ray came into the room and said, "You must have REALLY hurt yourself." I looked perplex and said I had no idea what caused it but it's been chronic pain for some time now. I HAVE HIGH PAIN TOLERANCE IF YOU CANT TELL!!

So now I am in a boot for 1-3 months. If at 3 months it is still not healed we will do a bone stimulator. I have no clue what that does, I just know it's a lot of $$$$ and the reason we have to wait 3 months in a boot is so my insurance will cover it. So until then I will continue to pop some Vitamin D pills (apparently I am a little low on my levels- I am supposed to be between 30 and 200 and I was a 27 when they took my blood yesterday).

Prayers for a speedy recovery because this boot is annoying. But then again it could be much worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment