Monday, October 25, 2010

13 months old!

Here is what has been keeping this 13 month old busy for the last month!!!



-Say "Where's Anna's ears?" I grab my ears and even point to other peoples ears. I think I have told you, but I also do this with my toes, head, belly and knees.
-I love my stuffed animal "Lambie." When mommy takes a peek into my room during nap time I am always hugging Lambie while sleeping.
- When there is not more food, when I can't find something, when I am looking for something, when you say "uh oh" or "where is _____?" I put my hands up to my face (like Home alone) and open my eyes and mouth really wide!
- I have been drinking whole milk and YUM YUM YUM! I am also bottle free! I LOVE my butterfly sippy cups that mommy let me buy at Babies R Us. I picked out the purple, pink and teal ones all by myself!
-I am starting to point at objects in books when asked. I can point out fish, banana, dog, monkey, ball, balloon so far (maybe a couple others but I can't remember!)
-I love humming to myself. I love humming "ah a ahhhh, ah a ah ahhhhhh!" from The Little Mermaid. (Cousin Kate taught me this!) I also love humming Snugglepuppy with mommy.
-A say "BOO" when asked what a ghost says and sometimes when I play peekaboo. I also make a fishy noise by putting my fingers up and down on my lips when I see a fish or asked what one says.I also say "ba" when I see bananas and "buh" when I see butterflies.
-I love running around the house with a blanket on my head. Mommy and daddy get REALLY nervous.
-My favorite thing to say is "yeah" and "oh yeah!" I usually say it after someone asks me a question so they think I am super brilliant! I also say it while shaking my head up and down.
-I LOVE outside! I sit in front of the door and whine to get outside. MOST of the time I get my way!
-I LOVE swings and playgrounds! When I step outside my house I can see a school playground and I rock like I am swinging and then I whine and point to it. I also love to slide down slides! when we leave playgrounds I wave bye to them.
-I am brushing my teeth just about every morning and night (sometimes mommy and daddy forget). I am using toddler toothpaste and LOVE it!
-When I am in the car my favorite thing to do is take both shoes off and then, if I have time, my socks. Mommy does not think this is very funny and says next time we aren't getting velcro shoes- we'll see!
-I love to pull mommy's shirt up to see her big belly. I love to give sister Ashley kisses and ding dong mommy's belly button.
-I still love giving kisses to people. My favorite thing is to give kisses back and forth to mommy and daddy- they think I am so cute :)
-I am always hugging and kissing Peanut- I LOVE him!
-I started this weird wave where I wave bye to both myself and others! One hand is facing out and the other is facing me, both waving!
-I am REALLY good at signing "more" and use it about 50 times a day! I have just started signing "milk" to help mommy know when I am thirsty.
-I can eat with a spoon! Hummus and applesauce- i love to dip the spoon and put it in my mouth all by myself. I get REALLY proud of myself and actually don't make TOO much of a mess :) As for the fork, mommy still needs to help me grab the food with the prongs, but I get the idea and can't wait to be able to do it myself!
-I love to climb on just about ANYTHING!!!! I love chairs- especially rocky rock ones- they just might be my favorite thing right now; even cooler then balls!
-I am sleeping great through the night; going to bed around 7:30ish and waking around 6:30-7. I am napping well- around 2 1/2 hours total when I take 2 naps (which is mostly the case) but the last week or so, I have been trying trying to skip my second nap (when I do this my first nap is usually over and hour and a half) and sometimes I am successful at skipping it. Mommy still puts me in my crib though for about 45 minutes though.

I sure am growing up!

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment