Friday, December 9, 2016

Anna's next project

Anna came home today from school, went straight to the new sewing machine and said "mommy I want to make a scarf with pockets for your hands for homeless people."

So she did.

Every time Anna sews I like to teach her what else she can do with the machine so I took the opportunity to teach her two new things. The first was sewing fabric together to make stripes and the second was sewing cut outs of fabric on top of other fabric. She already knew how to sew a scarf so the scarf was done in no time. We had to stop midway through it to go out for the night but first thing when we got back and ran off to finish her creation.

 

 

 

She is so proud of herself. She told me that "it is going to be really hard to give it away to a homeless person but they really need it and it will make me happy to help them so I will do it." 

But before she does so she wants to make a handful more for the friends of the homeless. And she can't wait to make some changes in how she sewed the first to make it even more "beautiful."

Such a big beautiful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment