Thursday, April 21, 2016

Belize- Snorkle Trip

Just noticing that I never finished posting about Belize on the blog... just a couple more. I keep telling me one day I'll be caught up....

On our last full day on Caye Caulker, we went on an afternoon snorkeling excursion. We were on the boat from 2:30 until sunset around 6 and had a blast!!!

Captain Keith and his assistant (girlfriend) Joanna took the 7 of us out on a private trip. Joanna had planned on coming so she could stat aboard and babysit the kid who didn't want to snorkel. It was an amazing added bonus!!!!!

We snorkeled 4 different place and saw many different corals and underwater life! Before we even got out into the ocean we came across 2 dolphin playing!!!! Such a cool bonus!

At our first stop, Hol Chin Min Reserve Coral Reef, we swam close to the coral reef and saw a green moray eel (it frightened me but was pretty cool), 2 sea turtles (totally awesome), colorful small fish, tons of schools of fish and a sting ray. Anna went on this snorkel dive and had a blast. It may be one of my most favorite memories with Anna. She was so brave and was pulling me along saying, "Come on Mom!!!!!" She wanted to see it all!!! I didn't take any pictures here with my underwater camera and SO wish I had taken it with us to capture what we saw. I was just a little nervous with this being Anna's first time snorkeling so left the camera behind. Little did I know she'd do better then me :)

Shark Ray Alley was the next stop and only the adults went in the water. It was crazy. Nurse sharks and sting ray galore filled the water amongst large schools of fish. It was wild being that close to it all.

The third stop was a Coral Reef that Captain Keith had found. This area was full of beautiful coral and some wildlife.

The last stop was a Shipwreck. Anna decided to go to us and to our surprise she saw a nurse shark in the shipwreck!!!!!!! It was crazy cool to see everything growing around the shipwreck (barge).

While we snorkeled, Ashley and Abby stayed aboard the boat with Joanna and had so much fun! They fed fish, ate lots of yummy food and watched us swim. The only bad part was the boat ride out where Ashley did not care AT ALL for the bumps on the waves!!!!!

As we were heading back to Caye Caulker, it was sunset time and Captain Keith decided to give us a sunset cruise. It was an amazing added bonus!!!!!!


Captain Keith telling the girls about all the fish we will see













Shark Ray Alley















Captain Keith and "Little One."



Joanna and the girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment