Monday, March 23, 2015

The half birthday cake

After swimming lessons we stopped by Target for Anna to pick out her cake. She selected an amazing looking rainbow tie dye mix and bright blue icing with fish sprinkles included. Within minutes of getting home, we were baking it!

Anna did most of the baking; sisters did help of course!





Mommy must have not greased the pan enough or taken the cake out to early or not let it cool because this is what happened when I tried to flip it out of the pan. Yup.... cake fail.


I called Anna in to see it and braced myself for disappointment but she surprised me by saying, "It's okay mommy. It's okay. It's still beautiful!" Oh my Anna Banana, I love you. You would have been just as happy with this as the cake :)


Plus it meant they could eat the scraps early :)



Luckily the cake batter was intended for two 8 inch circle pans and I had cooked another one with it. So I attempted the second one and it was also stuck to the bottom. So I had to cut it in half to get it out of the pan (which was fine because we were doing a half of a cake layered with the other half). Little did I know that when cutting it in half there was a rainbow!!!!!


Anna loved it an decided she did not want to frost the top; just the sides. So we went to work with frosting and sprinkles.




I think next year I'll just buy her a tub of icing- it was her favorite part :)


Anna couldn't wait to eat her cake and since Daddy was out for the night we decided to invite her neighbor friends (they actually came over and rang our doorbell to see if the girls wanted to play outside) over to eat it with us outside. It was a hit!!!!! We sang "Happy Half Birthday to You," blew out 5 1/2 candles and Anna and Ashley thought it was the best thing ever celebrating with the big kids.


Mia, Abby, Anna, Ashley, Lucy and Corrine. "Hanging with the new big neighbor friends :)"


And if the night couldn't get better, after cake they all had to use the bathroom. Once the got inside our house they didn't want to leave. Anna came running to me saying, "Mommy, they LOVE our house. They LOVE our house!!!!" I just wonder how long she's been dying to get them to come in our house.

Anne and Ashley were so excited. The girls complimented their rooms and told them they have the "coolest" room out of any of the rooms they have seen (this of course made Anna's day to hear big kids tell her that!) They couldn't believe Anna and Ashley's chapter book collection and played a long time with the fairy books. They told Anna and Ashley that both their beds are awesome. (I totally wish I could have seen their face; I only heard most of the talking. They get so goofy and smiley around the big kids). Ashley was having a BLAST as well; she probably laughed and talked the loudest of all of them. During this time Anna comes to me and says she has to poop. When she is going potty in the office she really quietly admits to me that she accidentally pooped her pants.

Yes the child was having so much fun she didn't want to leave her room. She literally pooped her pants.

So I cleaned it up and she looks at me with worried eyes and asks me to go get her some panties from her room. I asked her if she is embarrassed and she said, "Yes. I don't want them to know!" My poor baby :) Anyway we found a clean pair in my room and she return to playing. She said no one noticed one bit!!!

Then they ventured down to the basement where they destroyed and already destroyed area before I had to kick them out for our super early bed times :)

My girls loved every minute. Every minute. I just love that they were included and treated nicely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment