Monday, February 2, 2015

Strep Throat

Yes, you read that right.

Today I picked up Ashley from school to find out that 10 minutes prior they had taken her temperature. And it read 99.9 degrees.

Within minutes she complained of a sore throat and belly ache. She had told me her throat hurt that morning while brushing her teeth but I just thought it was Ashley being Ashley and nothing of it. But when she kept telling me it hurt, I thought, "uh oh."

So we went to an urgent care. Ashley told the doctor her head, throat and belly hurt. So they swabbed her throat to find out that she tested negative on the strep culture test. But the doctor said she was 99% sure Ashley had strep. Her throat hurt, belly hurt, head hurt, had no appetite, wanted water, low grade fever (by that time it was 100.4 degrees), glands were swollen and she looked sick. My poor baby girl.

Not being thrilled at the fact that she prescribed me strep meds without being 100% sure she had strep I went ahead an filled the prescription. If it is strep, we need to beat this bad boy (3 days left until we leave for Disney my friends).

Ashley was a tired mess. She mostly relaxed while watching movies and drank water. Lots of it. And ate the cheeto/dorito mix she conned me into getting at Walgreens,. Hey, at least she ate something.

I hope she wakes in the morning feeling much better. It is no fun being sick......






No comments:

Post a Comment