Sunday, October 30, 2016

Broken Elbow

After Anna's fall on the rollerskating rink, since she was in so much pain whenever I would ask her to do certain things with her arm (for me to see whether or not I needed t take her to the ER), we headed to Children's Mercy Urgent Care.

She was such a trooper. She had told the nurse that the she fell skating, her top of her arm went forward and the bottom went back an then the it was swallowed. We giggled that the floor "swallowed" her even though she meant to say swollen. She was in such high spirits.

We went back to the room, watched some TV and talked with the doctor. Then we got x-rays of the elbow. After the X-rays Anna told me that the X-rays made her arm feel much better!!!!!

Hope that the elbow was just twisted and a bit swollen, we waited and waited and waited for the results. I figured it wasn't good news since we waited sooooo long. So when the doctor came in and told us it was broken, we were not shocked. Anna actually smiled really big and said, "I get a cast?!!?!?!"

So then we splinted the arm, got a sling and headed home to show off the splint.

I have never seen a child so excited to have a broken bone.

I love you Banana pants!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment