Saturday, October 17, 2015

Mommy is a bell ringer....

.... not a Salvation Army bell ringer but a real bell ringer at church.

One of my friends talked me into trying the bells last year and I promised when my schedule allowed that I would try. Well she got me try this year. And I am glad I did.

I know not a bit about music. I can't read music; I don't even know the difference between whole, half and the other notes. Seriously. But I am ringing. Luckily they give me the most beginner combinations to work with (even though they through a 3rd bell for me to ring the second time we played at church). It is very challenging and I am learning a lot. Hopefully it will help me one day help my girls with some sort of music. Who knows.

But for now I am enjoying the company of mostly older ladies (and a few my age) every Thursday afternoon for an hour. And the girls LOVE seeing me play too. Anna can't believe how good I am :)

Rob took this picture of me performing.. I am not kidding you when I say it takes so much concentration.... I can't look up. I can't do anything but hope that I am in the right spot in the song. They say I am.... I think they just don't want to loose another bell ringer :) But seriously, I am enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment