Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Soccer Star

"When you do something new, try it a little bit at a time!!!"

Yesterday was Abby's first "soccer practice." She is doing a 4 week indoor session with 4 other kids at KC Sporting to see if she like soccer before committing to a team for the season.

When we got there she turned into a shy violet refusing to leave my side and even acknowledge the coach. After mommy reminding her that I signed her up because SHE wanted to do this and reminding her about how things can be scary at first but if we don't try them then we mss out on the fun. She really didn't care what I had to say but when I started quoting one of her favorite TV shows, Daniel Tiger, she decided it was worth a try. 20 minutes into the hour session she timidly joined the group and slowly started interacting. By the end she was running, kicking and smiling. When it was done she came running to me, "Mommy I LIKED it!!!!! I want to keep doing it!!!!"

And then today she claimed that soccer is her "thing" and that she doesn't need to go to swimming or gymnastics anymore...... here we go again.........




And how do we celebrate a good first try at something????? DONUTS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment